Our Vision & Mission Statements
At ICFTA our vision is focused on ensuring that our students get the best educational training and skills that will help them reach their professional and personal goals in the fire service.
ICFTA is a training center created to instruct and inspire Fire Service Students in the art of Fire, Technical Rescue, and HAZMAT Sciences. Our training is dedicated to provide outstanding education through the wealth of experience and knowledge of our instructors. Our mission is the continued development of our students by having standardized curriculums to prepare them for their current and future Firefighter/ Officer roles.
ICFTA’s curriculums include:
- Instructor I-II-III
- Fire Officers I-II-III-IV
- Fire Safety Inspector I-II
- Fire Investigator
- Live Fire Training Instructor I-II
- Emergency Vehicle Operators Course (EVOC)
- Health & Safety Officer/Incident Safety officer
- Pumper Driver Operator
- Aerial Driver Operator
- Fire Service Leadership classes
- Technical Rescue Classes in the Operations & Technician Levels, such as; Rope Rescue, Confine Space. Vehicle Extrication, Trench Rescue, and Structural Collapse Rescue.
- Hazardous Materials Operations 40hr & Technician 160hr Curriculums.
- PADI Dive Rescue Classes Available Upon Request.
Jean Delgado is the President/Owner of Intercontinental Fire Training Academy. Jean has been in the Fire service since 1998, in which he started as a Volunteer firefighter at the Key Largo Fire Department in the Florida Keys. In the year 2000 he was relocated to Islamorada Key, in which was given the opportunity to work for the Islamorada Fire Rescue Department for the next 14 years. During this time, he obtained the following certifications. Firefighter I-II certification, EMT, Paramedic, Fire Officer I-II, Inspector I-II, Plans Examiner I, Investigator I, Instructor I-II-III, Life Fire Instructor I and FL Pump Operator. In 2014 Instructor Delgado was hired by the Miami Dade Fire Rescue Department, in which he accomplished technical certifications such as, HAZMAT Technician, Rope Rescue Technician, Trench Rescue Technician, Confine Space Technician, Vehicle and Machinery Extrication Technician and Structural Collapse Technician. Furthermore, during his career in the fire service he’s achieved an Associates Degree in Fire Science, a Bachelors Degree in Emergency Management with Honors and a Masters Degree in Emergency & Disaster Management from American Military University.