HAZMAT Technician 160hrs
160 contact hours, 0 college credits, class size: minimum 6, maximum 30
Course Fees: $1200.00
This is the 160-hour hands-on practices HazMat course in which students will fulfill the functions of HazMat technicians in a variety of full-scale field scenarios. These scenarios include making entries into hazardous materials scenes and determination of type of incident by observation, monitoring, and research. Students will set up full-size incident command and decontamination facilities and respond to simulated container and vehicle emergencies.
NOTE: Prerequisite: HazMat Operations Level
HAZTOX Medic 24hrs
The HazTox Medic Certification course offers a comprehensive approach to the assessment and management of contaminated, exposed, or toxic victims. Upon completion, students will earn a 2 year certification which meets and exceeds the competencies set forth in NFPA 473.
The Haztox Medic Certification Course is Provided by HazTox™, and fully approved through ICFTA- HazTox™ by the Florida State Fire College.
The HazTox Medic Certification course will teach responders:
- A basic understanding of the principles of toxicology.
- Chemical and physical properties as they relate to toxic exposures.
- Toxidromes relevant to EMS, HazMat, and WMD response.
- Assessment and management of toxic exposures.
- Assessment and management of WMD / chemical warfare agents.
- Assessment and management of biological warfare agents
- Integration into the Incident Management System
- Responder safety, medical surveillance and incident rehab.
In addition to the training, responders will receive:
A waterproof HazTox™ chart.
A HazTox Medic Manual with over 3,000 chemicals adapted to the HazTox™ system.
Course Fees: $300.00
HAZMAT Awareness 24hrs
Course Fees: $290
HAZMAT Operations 40hrs
Course Fees: $350.00