Privacy, Terms of Service
Agreement between user and www.icft.academy (ICFTA)
Welcome to InterContinental Fire Training Academy! Where we Train Today to Survive Tomorrow.
The www.icft.academy website (the “Site”) is comprised of various web pages operated by InterContinental Fire Training Academy. (“ICFTA”). www.icft.academy is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein (the “Terms”). Your use of www.icft.academy constitutes your agreement to all such terms. Please read these terms carefully, and keep a copy of them for your reference.
www.icft.academy is an Educational Website providing Fire, EMS, Technical Rescue and Hazmat curriculums to students worldwide.
- Visiting www.icft.academy or sending emails to ICFTA constitutes electronic communications. You consent to receive electronic communications and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically, via email and on the Site, satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity. You acknowledge that ICFTA is not responsible for third party access to your account that results from theft or misappropriation of your account. ICFTA and its associates reserve the right to refuse or cancel service, terminate accounts, or remove or edit content in our sole discretion.
- ICFTA does not knowingly collect, either online or offline, personal information from persons under the age of eighteen. If you are under 18, you may use www.icft.academy only with permission of a parent or guardian.
Links to third party sites/Third party services
- www.icft.academy may contain links to other websites (“Linked Sites”). The Linked Sites are not under the control of ICFTA and ICFTA is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. ICFTA is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by ICFTA of the site or any association with its operators. Links created by ICFTA as of June 12 of 2016 are “ICFTA Facebook”, and “ICFTA Instagram” and “ICFTA Tweeter) are only created to inform students of up-coming training.
- Certain services made available via www.icft.academy are delivered by third party sites and organizations. By using any product, service or functionality originating from the www.icft.academy domain, you hereby acknowledge and consent that ICFTA may share such information and data with any third party with whom ICFTA has a contractual relationship to provide the requested product, service or functionality on behalf of www.icft.academy users and customers.
No unlawful or prohibited use/Intellectual Property
- All content included as part of the Service, such as text, graphics, logos, images, as well as the compilation thereof, and any software used on the Site, is the property of ICFTA or its suppliers and protected by copyright and other laws that protect intellectual property and proprietary rights. You agree to observe and abide by all copyright and other proprietary notices, legends or other restrictions contained in any such content and will not make any changes thereto.
- You will not modify, publish, transmit, reverse engineer, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the content, in whole or in part, found on the Site. ICFTA content is not for resale. Your use of the Site does not entitle you to make any unauthorized use of any protected content, and in particular you will not delete or alter any proprietary rights or attribution notices in any content. You will use protected content solely for your personal use and will make no other use of the content without the express written permission of ICFTA and the copyright owner. You agree that you do not acquire any ownership rights in any protected content. We do not grant you any licenses, express or implied, to the intellectual property of ICFTA or our licensors except as expressly authorized by these Terms.
Third Party Accounts
- You will be able to connect your ICFTA account to third party accounts. By connecting your ICFTA account to your third-party account, you acknowledge and agree that you are consenting to the continuous release of information about you to others (in accordance with your privacy settings on those third-party sites). If you do not want information about you to be shared in this manner, do not use this feature.
- The Service is controlled, operated and administered by ICFTA from our offices within the USA. If you access the Service from a location outside the USA, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws. You agree that you will not use the ICFTA Content accessed through www.icft.academy in any country or in any manner prohibited by any applicable laws, restrictions or regulations.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless ICFTA, its officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties, for any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of your use of or inability to use the Site or services, any user postings made by you, your violation of any terms of this Agreement or your violation of any rights of a third party, or your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations. ICFTA reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with ICFTA in asserting any available defenses.
Students with Disabilities
Any student who has a permanent or temporary disability that may require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the course must present documentation of the disability and requested accommodation no later than 1 (One) week from the beginning of the course.
- THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. WORLDWIDE EMS AND FIRE TRAINING LLC. AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE SITE AT ANY TIME.
- INTERCONTINENTAL FIRE TRAINING ACADEMY. AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED ON THE SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL SUCH INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. WORLDWIDE EMS AND FIRE TRAINING LLC. AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- ICFTA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the Site and the related services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice. To the maximum extent permitted by law, this agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Florida and you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in Florida in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of the Site. Use of the Site is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these Terms, including, without limitation, this section.
- You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and ICFTA as a result of this agreement or use of the Site. ICFTA’s performance of this agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of ICFTA’s right to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the Site or information provided to or gathered by ICFTA with respect to such use. If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
- Unless otherwise specified herein, this agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the user and ICFTA with respect to the Site and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between the user and ICFTA with respect to the Site. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent an d subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. It is the express wish to the parties that this agreement and all related documents be written in English.
- All payments are due upon online registration of a class/training. If a payment is not received or payment method is declined, the buyer forfeits the ownership of any items purchased. If no payment is received, registration of classes will fail, and spots will not be held for such student.
- In the case of requesting a different form of payment, send request to email@example.com 1 week prior for the purchased class and approval will be on a case by case basis… Example, personal checks etc.
- Other forms of payment shall be received 1 week prior to the first day of classroom and cleared by 3 days before class.
- InterContinental Fire Training Academy reserves the right to decline other types of payments when in any way disrupting company operations.
Student are permitted to cancel classes only
- If cancellation occurs over 3 weeks prior to the start day of class for a “full refund” minus Class Registration Fee and Refund Fee of 2.5% (set by banks).
- From 2 – 3 weeks students will receive only 75% of their tuition, minus Registration Fee and Refund Fee of 2.5% (set by banks).
- From 1-2 weeks students will only receive 50% of paid tuition minus Registration Fee and Refund Fee 2.5% (set by banks).
- Students cancelling within 1 week prior to class start, will either loose 100% of their tuition, or use the option below.
- Registered/ Paid students unable to make their class because of extenuating circumstances, will be allow in the next class at no additional cost (No Refund). This must be approved by admin 2 weeks prior to the start of class. Students without written approval will NOT be accepted in the following/ next class, thus loosing the credit or refund. Students in this case will write an email requesting the refund and explaining the situation which keeps them from attending the class. For such cases, please send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a read receipt and high priority enabled.
- Refunds for such classes will take approximately 2-3 weeks due to bank processing. Please be patient.
- Communicate with us if you need further assistance before canceling classes! We are here 24/7 for you, so give us the opportunity to sort things out and help you as you deserve to be helped.
Changes to Terms
- ICFTA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change the Terms under which www.icft.academy is offered. The most current version of the Terms will supersede all previous versions. ICFTA encourages you to periodically review the TOS to stay informed of our updates.
ICFTA welcomes your questions or comments regarding our TOS document:
InterContinental Fire Training Academy
Miami, Florida 33030
Email Address: email@example.com
Tel: (305) 450-4530
Effective as of November, 2021